Waive Now - IECP Students
2021-2022 IECP Summer Waiver Information
- Hard Waiver Student Eligibility
- Hard Waiver Student Waiver Instructions
- Open Enrollment Periods
- Qualifying Life Event
- All International Students and all IECP students
Are required to purchase this insurance Plan unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished.
IECP Students, if the waiver requirements are not met by either purchasing the Penn State student injury and sickness health insurance plan or by waiving the Penn State health insurance plan by the deadlines noted on this flyer a late fee will be applied. The late fee is $50 the first year a deadline is missed and $100 each subsequent year the deadline is missed going forward. The Penn State administrative fee will be collected directly by The Pennsylvania State University.
Hard Waiver International Student Waiver Instructions
- ANNUAL Waiver Deadline: 8/31/21
- SPRING/SUMMER Waiver Deadline: 1/18/22 (for new incoming students)
- SUMMER Waiver Deadline: TBD (for new incoming students)
*Please note that your Student ID Number that you will need to waive the insurance can be found on your PSU ID card. DO NOT include any spaces when entering your ID number or the system will not recognize you.
- Your current health insurance plan ID card,
- Your health insurance brochure or plan description (or you might want mom & dad’s phone number handy to help answer some of the waiver questions). There might be a few questions about your current plan.
- Pending e-mail– Your waiver has been submitted, and is pending per verification of your insurance benefits. Verification of your waiver from this point can take 5-7 business days to be approved or denied.
- Denial e-mail– Your waiver was denied. Please go to your school email account to view your denial email with instructions for how to further proceed. Or please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Please Note: If you waive the insurance, you will not be eligible to enroll until the following semester, unless you experience a Qualifying Life Event.
If you are a student in the Fall semester and eligible to purchase coverage and you choose not to enroll/waive coverage before the Annual Enrollment/Waiver Deadline of August 31, 2021, you will not be eligible to enroll/waive again until the start of the next Semester unless you experience a “Qualifying Life Event” during the year.
*For new students in the Spring semester, your open enrollment/waiver deadline is January 18, 2022.
*For new students in the Summer semester, your open enrollment/waiver deadline is July 6, 2022.
- Acquiring a new family member
- Marriage/Civil Union
- Loss or change of Job
- Expiration of Benefits