Waive Your School's Insurance
Welcome to the Waive Your School’s Insurance Center!
This page is for those students who wish to opt-out (waive) out of the coverage under their school’s student insurance plan. The school’s student insurance plan can only be waived if the student has coverage under another acceptable insurance plan.
The first step to waive out of your school’s student insurance coverage is to verify that you are an eligible student.
2020-2021 Waiver Information
- Hard Waiver Student Eligibility
- Student Waiver Instructions
- Open Enrollment Periods
- Qualifying Life Event
- All athletes taking 6 or more credit hours
- All performers in ballet or musical theatre taking 6 or more credit hours
Are required to purchase this plan unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished:
All international students will be automatically enrolled in the plan and premium will be charged on the student’s account.
For those students who do not submit an approved waiver form before the deadline, you will be automatically charged and officially enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan. Once enrolled there are no refunds or cancellations. (Please note, automatic enrollment will occur AFTER the waiver deadline.)
Please Note: If you waive the insurance you will not be eligible to enroll until the following school year unless you experience a Qualifying Life Event.
- Fall Enrollment Deadline: 9/1/20
- Spring/Summer Enrollment Deadline: 2/15/21
- Summer Enrollment Deadline: 6/15/21
After you verify that you are a hard waiver student and have other insurance you will need:
- Your current health insurance plan ID card,
- Your health insurance brochure or plan description (or you might want mom & dad’s phone number handy to help answer some of the waiver questions). There might be a few questions about your current plan.
Once you have completed the waiver form, an email will automatically be sent to the email address you provided notifying you of the waiver request decision. If you receive a:
- Approval e-mail– Your waiver was approved. You should print this e-mail and save it with your records.
- Denial e-mail– Your waiver was denied. If you would like us to look this over or if you answered a question incorrectly, please contact us.
Please Note: If you waive the insurance, you will not be eligible to enroll until the following school year, unless you experience a Qualifying Life Event.
Open Enrollment Periods for all Students: If you are a student in the Fall semester and eligible to purchase coverage and you choose not to enroll for coverage before the Annual Enrollment Deadline of *September 1, 2020, you or your dependents will not be eligible to enroll again until the start of next Fall unless you experience a “Qualifying Life Event” during the year.
*For new or renewing students in the Spring semester, your open enrollment deadline is February 15, 2021.
*For new or renewing students in the Summer semester, your open enrollment deadline is June 15, 2021
Students who did not enroll themselves during the open enrollment period may be able to enroll in the policy if they experience a Qualifying Life Event.
Qualifying Life Events include:
- Acquiring a new family member
- Marriage/Civil Union
- Loss or change of Job
- Expiration of Benefits
If you meet the requirements for a Qualifying Life Event, you will need to provide the following:
- Proof of qualifying life event/proof of involuntary loss of coverage
- Enrollment Form
All documents and payment must be received within 30 days of the qualifying life event. After 30 days, the student will no longer be eligible to enroll in the plan, until fall of the following school year.
Please Contact Us for cost and enrollment information as a Qualifying Life Event.
If you have any questions about the waiver process, please call 800-505-4160 or CONTACT US
We are always happy to help in any way.