Waive Your School's Insurance
Welcome to the Waive Your School’s Insurance Center!
This page is for those students who wish to opt-out (waive) out of the coverage under their school’s student insurance plan. The school’s student insurance plan can only be waived if the student has coverage under another acceptable insurance plan.
The first step to waive out of your school’s student insurance coverage is to verify that you are an eligible student.
2021-2022 Waiver Information
- Hard Waiver Student Eligibility
- Hard Waiver Student Waiver Instructions
- Open Enrollment Periods
- Qualifying Life Event
International Student Eligibility
- All International F1 Visa Students are automatically enrolled in this plan at registration and do not have the option to waive
Domestic Undergraduate and Graduate Student Eligibility
- Undergraduate Students Registered for 6 or more credits
- Graduate Students registered for 5 or more credits
- PHD Students
Are required to purchase the University sponsored health insurance plan unless proof of comparable coverage is provided.
Hard waiver students are required to have health insurance to attend University of the Sciences College Prior to beginning the waiver process please check to make sure that your insurance meets the MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS.
For those students who do not submit an approved waiver form before the deadline, you will be automatically charged and officially enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan. Once enrolled there are no refunds or cancellations. (Please note, automatic enrollment will occur AFTER the waiver deadline.)
Please Note: If you waive the insurance you will not be eligible to enroll until the following school year unless you experience a Qualifying Life Event.
- Fall Waiver Deadline: 9/11/21
- Spring Waiver Deadline: 1/28/22 (New Incoming Students Only)
- Summer Enrollment Deadline: 6/30/22 (New Incoming Students Only)
Please Note: The University reserves the right to audit all waivers in order to ensure compliance with these requirements. Please be sure to retain a copy of your insurance policy as you may be asked to provide this documentation.
After you verify that you are a hard waiver student and have other insurance you will need the following to waive:
- Your USciences Student ID,
- Your current health insurance plan ID card,
- Your health insurance brochure or plan description (or you might want mom & dad’s phone number handy to help answer some of the waiver questions). There might be a few questions about your current plan.
Once you have completed the waiver form, an email will automatically be sent to the email address you provided notifying you of the waiver request decision. If you receive a:
- Pending e-mail– Your waiver is pending until we can verify that your coverage is equivalent to the University-sponsored plan. You may be asked to submit a copy of your insurance member ID and summary of benefits. The status of your waiver will be updated in 5 to 7 business days and you will be contacted by email.
- Approval e-mail– Your waiver was approved. You should print this e-mail and save it with your records.
- Denial e-mail– Your waiver was denied. If you would like us to look this over or if you answered a question incorrectly, please contact us.
Please Note: If you waive the insurance, you will not be eligible to enroll until the following school year, unless you experience a Qualifying Life Event.
Open Enrollment Periods for all Dependents and Students: If you have eligible dependents in the Fall or are a student in the Fall semester and eligible to purchase coverage and you choose not to enroll for coverage before the Annual Enrollment Deadline of *September 11, 2021, you or your dependents will not be eligible to enroll again until the start of next Fall unless you experience a “Qualifying Life Event” during the year.
*For new dependents or new students in the Spring semester, your open enrollment deadline is January 28, 2022.
*For new dependents or new students in the Summer semester, your open enrollment deadline is June 30, 2022.
If you did not enroll during your open enrollment period and have since lost coverage under your original plan, you may qualify for a Qualifying Life Event upon providing proof of involuntary loss of coverage and payment within 30 days of losing coverage. (example: marriage, divorce, loss of job, etc) The enrollment form, check or money order, and the letter of creditable coverage must be received within 30 days of losing coverage.After 30 days the student will no longer be eligible to enroll in the plan until Fall of the following school year.
Please CONTACT US for cost and enrollment information as a Qualifying Life Event.
If you have any questions about the waiver process, please call 800-505-4160 or CONTACT US
We are always happy to help in any way.