Waive Your School's Insurance
Welcome to the Waive Your School’s Insurance Center!
This page is for those students who wish to opt-out (waive) out of the coverage under their school’s student insurance plan. The school’s student insurance plan can only be waived if the student has coverage under another acceptable insurance plan.
The first step to waive out of your school’s student insurance coverage is to verify that you are an eligible student.
THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR IS NOT AVAILIBLE. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SCHOOL FOR MORE INFORMATION
2017-2018 Waiver Information
- Hard Waiver Student Eligibility
- Hard Waiver Student Waiver Instructions
- Open Enrollment Periods
- Qualifying Life Event
- All full-time and part-time matriculated Rowan University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences students
Are automatically enrolled in this insurance Plan at registration, unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished.
Begin the waiver process by following the instructions below.
For those students who do not submit an approved waiver form before the deadline, you will be automatically charged and officially enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan. Once enrolled there are no refunds or cancellations. (Please note, automatic enrollment will occur AFTER the waiver deadline.)
- Annual Waiver Deadline: 9/28/17
- Spring/Summer Waiver Deadline: 2/15/18 (New Incoming Students Only)
To Waive out of coverage;
- Click on the Student Self-Service button, then “Access Banner Services”. Log in using your Banner ID and PIN.
- From the main menu, click on “Student Health Insurance Waiver” and follow the instructions to submit your waiver.
Open Enrollment Periods for all Students: If you are a student in the Fall semester and eligible to purchase coverage and you choose not to enroll for coverage before the Annual Enrollment Deadline of *September 28, 2017, you will not be eligible to enroll again until the start of next Fall unless you experience a “Qualifying Life Event” during the year.
*For new or renewing students in the Spring semester, your open enrollment deadline is February 15, 2018.
Students who did not enroll themselves during the open enrollment period may be able to enroll in the policy if they experience a Qualifying Life Event.
Qualifying Life Events include:
- Acquiring a new family member
- Marriage/Civil Union
- Loss or change of Job
- Expiration of Benefits
If you meet the requirements for a Qualifying Life Event, you will need to provide the following:
- Proof of qualifying life event/proof of involuntary loss of coverage
- Enrollment Form
All documents and payment must be received within 30 days of the qualifying life event. After 30 days, the student will no longer be eligible to enroll in the plan, until fall of the following school year.
Please Contact Us for cost and enrollment information as a Qualifying Life Event.
If you have any questions about the waiver process, please call 800-505-4160 or CONTACT US
We are always happy to help in any way.