Waive Your School's Insurance
Welcome to the Waive Your School’s Insurance Center!
This page is for those students who wish to opt-out (waive) out of the coverage under their school’s student insurance plan. The school’s student insurance plan can only be waived if the student has coverage under another acceptable insurance plan.
The first step to waive out of your school’s student insurance coverage is to verify that you are an eligible student.
- Hard Waiver Student Eligibility
- International Students
- Hard Waiver Student Waiver Instructions
- Open Enrollment Periods
- Qualifying Life Event
Hard Waiver Student Eligibility
- Full-time Domestic Undergraduate Students
Must enroll or waive the school-sponsored insurance plan each academic year.
It is important for you to make an informed health assessment each year. Make sure you are not left without appropriate health coverage – it could hinder your academic progress.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are an International Student or Visiting Scholar, you are automatically enrolled in this insurance plan at registration.
- International Students
- Visiting Scholars
Are automatically enrolled in the insurance plan at registration.
Hard Waiver Student Waiver Instructions
You may waive coverage under this plan if:
- You have health insurance that meets all of the College plan requirements
- It is approved by the College
- You are a U.S. Citizen
You will need to provide information about your coverage in the waiver section.
- Annual Waiver Deadline: 8/31/22 – Closed
- Spring/Summer Waiver Deadline: 1/31/23
Important: If you do not enroll for or waive coverage by the designated deadline you will be automatically enrolled in the school-sponsored plan and charged the applicable premium. Once you are enrolled the coverage cannot be cancelled except for certain life changing events and only if the policy has not been utilized.
- If you do not enroll in or waive the student health insurance by 8/12/22 you may have a hold placed on your account.
- Students who do not respond by 8/31/22 will be automatically charged for the student health plan.
- The College reserves the right to audit all waivers in order to ensure compliance with the College insurance requirements. Please be sure to have a copy of your insurance policy as you may be asked to provide this documentation.
- Waiver of the College’s sponsored plan does not impact your ability to utilize the services of the Dickinson College Student Health Center.
In Order to Complete the Waiver Card Below, You Will Need the Following:
- Your current health insurance plan ID card.
- Your health insurance brochure or plan description.
- Please refer to the Dickinson College Policy Brochure to help you complete your assessment.
Once you have completed the waiver form, an email will automatically be sent to the email address you provided notifying you of the waiver request decision. If you receive a:
- Approval e-mail– Your waiver was approved. You should print this e-mail and save it with your records.
- Denial e-mail– Your waiver was denied. If you would like us to look this over or if you answered a question incorrectly, please contact us.
Please Note: If you waive the insurance, you will not be eligible to enroll until the following school year, unless you experience a Qualifying Life Event.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL STUDENTS: Open Enrollment Periods for all Dependents and Students: If you have eligible dependents in the Fall or are a student in the Fall semester and eligible to purchase coverage and you choose not to enroll for coverage before the Fall Enrollment Deadline of *August 31, 2022, you or your dependents will not be eligible to enroll again until the start of next Fall unless you experience a “Qualifying Life Event” during the year.
*For new dependents or new students in the Spring semester, your open enrollment deadline is January 31, 2023.
If you did not enroll during your open enrollment period and have since lost coverage under your original plan, you may qualify for a Qualifying Life Event upon providing proof of involuntary loss of coverage and payment within 30 days of losing coverage. (example: marriage, divorce, loss of job, etc) The enrollment form, check or money order, and the letter of creditable coverage must be received within 30 days of losing coverage. After 30 days the student will no longer be eligible to enroll in the plan until Fall of the following school year.
If you have any questions about the waiver process, please call 800-505-4160 or CONTACT US
We are always happy to help in any way.