Waive Your School's Insurance
Welcome to the Waive Your School’s Insurance Center!
This page is for those students who wish to opt-out (waive) out of the coverage under their school’s student insurance plan. The school’s student insurance plan can only be waived if the student has coverage under another acceptable insurance plan.
The first step to waive out of your school’s student insurance coverage is to verify that you are an eligible student.
2023 – 2024 Waiver Information
FirstStudent and First Risk Advisors, Inc are now UnitedHealthcare Companies. For the 23-24 School year, if you would like to waive the Student Health Insurance offered through St. Catherine University, you will need to visit: https://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/stkate.
** For any questions or assistance, please reach out to email@example.com or 1-800-505-4160.
- Hard Waiver Student Eligibility
- Hard Waiver Student Waiver Instructions
- Open Enrollment Periods
- Qualifying Life Event
- All full time Domestic Undergraduate degree seeking students taking 8 or more credit hours (at least half of the credit hours must be taken on campus)
- All Domestic Undergraduate College for Adults Baccalaureate students taking 8 or more credit hours (at least half of the credit hours must be taken on campus)
- All international students who are enrolled at St. Catherine University
- All Occupational Therapy Assistant students taking 8 or more credit hours in person with a clinical component
Are automatically enrolled into this Insurance plan unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished.
Students must actively attend classes for at least the first 31 days after the date for which coverage is purchased. Home study, correspondence and online courses do not fulfill the Eligibility requirements that the student actively attend classes.
Begin the waiver process below.
WAIVER DEADLINES FOR DOMESTIC UNDERGRADUATE AND INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:
- Annual WAIVER Deadline: 9/11/22 – Closed
- Spring/Summer WAIVER Deadline: 2/3/23 (for new incoming students only)
WAIVER DEADLINES FOR OTA STUDENTS:
- Annual WAIVER Deadline: 9/1/22 – Closed
- Spring/Summer WAIVER Deadline: 1/11/23 (for new incoming OTA students only)
- Summer WAIVER Deadline: 5/14/23 (Summer is for new incoming OTA students only)
You may waive coverage under this plan if you have health insurance that meets all of the University plan requirements and is approved by the University. You will need to provide information about your coverage in the waiver section.
Please click on the Waive Now button below and follow the directions.
After you verify that you are a hard waiver student and have other insurance you will need:
- Your current health insurance plan ID card,
- Your health insurance brochure or plan description (or you might want mom & dad’s phone number handy to help answer some of the waiver questions). There might be a few questions about your current plan.
Once you have completed the waiver form, an email will automatically be sent to the email address you provided notifying you of the waiver request decision. If you receive a:
- Approval e-mail– Your waiver was approved. You should print this e-mail and save it with your records.
- Denial e-mail– Your waiver was denied. If you would like us to look this over or if you answered a question incorrectly, please contact us.
Please Note: If you waive the insurance, you will not be eligible to enroll until the following school year, unless you experience a Qualifying Life Event.
Open Enrollment Periods for all Dependents and Students: If you are eligible to purchase coverage in the fall and you choose not to enroll in coverage before the Annual Enrollment Deadline of *September 1, 2022 for OTA students and September 11, 2022 for Domestic Undergraduates and International students, you, and your dependents, will not be eligible to enroll again until the start of the next Fall semester.
*For new incoming Domestic Undergraduate and International students and their dependents in the Spring semester, your open enrollment deadline is February 3, 2023.
*For new incoming OTA students and their dependents in the Spring semester, your open enrollment deadline is January 11, 2023.
*For new incoming OTA students and their dependents in the Summer semester, your open enrollment deadline is May 14, 2023. (must be a new incoming OTA student to be eligible to enroll)
Students who did not enroll themselves during the open enrollment period may be able to enroll in the policy if they experience a Qualifying Life Event.
Qualifying Life Events include:
- Acquiring a new family member
- Marriage/Civil Union
- Loss or change of Job
- Expiration of Benefits
If you meet the requirements for a Qualifying Life Event, you will need to provide the following:
- Proof of qualifying life event/proof of involuntary loss of coverage
- Enrollment Form
All documents and payment must be received within 30 days of the qualifying life event. After 30 days, the student or will no longer be eligible to enroll in the plan, until fall of the following school year.
Please Contact Us for cost and enrollment information as a Qualifying Life Event.
If you have any questions about the waiver process, please call 800-505-4160 or CONTACT US
We are always happy to help in any way.