File an Appeal
To file an appeal, please include the following information:
- A letter requesting an appeal to your claim(s), including your:
- Phone number,
- UnitedHealthcare Student ID number,
- Date of service for your injury/sickness,
- Claim number(s) (located on the top of your Explanation of Benefits), and
- Email address.
A copy of your Explanation of Benefits for the claim(s) in question.
- Medical Records including all test results from all providers visited for the specific injury/sickness that you are appealing.
Once we receive the documentation, your appeal will be reviewed and a written response will be mailed to you. The response will include what the findings were, if the appeal was approved or denied, and the reason for the final decision.
If you have a question about your claim denial, you may call our Customer Service Department at telephone number 1-800-505-4160 for further explanation to informally resolve your appeal. If you are not satisfied with our explanation of why the claim was denied, you or your authorized representative may request an internal review of the claim denial. (For more information about an authorized representative, please click on “forms” on the left.)