Enroll Now - Hard Waiver Students
Welcome to the Student & Dependent Enrollment Center! Here you will find all the necessary tools to enroll in the Gustavus sponsored health insurance policy.
We suggest you review the brochure for your rates, effective dates and optional coverages before starting the enrollment process. The plan’s benefits can be found in the brochure within the Schedule of Benefits section with the exclusions towards the back.
2019-2020 Enrollment Information
To see full policy details, please click here: CERTIFICATE
- Hard Waiver Student Eligibility
- Hard Waiver Student Enrollment Instructions
- Dependent Enrollment Instructions
- Open Enrollment Periods
- Qualifying Life Event
- UnitedHealthcare Global: Global Emergency Services
- All full-time domestic undergraduate students who are registered for 3 or more courses (equivalent to 12 credit hours)
Are automatically enrolled in this insurance plan and the premium for coverage is added to their tuition billing unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished.
- All international students, regardless of credit hours, are required to purchase this insurance plan on a mandatory basis.
Begin the enrollment process by following the instructions below.
- Annual Enrollment Deadline: 9/16/19
- Spring/Summer Enrollment Deadline: 2/21/20
IMPORTANT – A 7 Digit Student ID is required. Please add a ZERO to the front of your ID if you have a six-digit ID number (ie. 0XXXXXX).
The cost of the insurance will be billed to your student tuition account.
Eligible students who do enroll may also insure their dependents. (Please view the certificate for Dependent eligibility.)
To Enroll by Mail, download an enrollment form and submit by mail using a check or money order. The mailing address is listed on the back of the Enrollment Forms.
- Enrollment Form – Dependent Only – Coming Soon!
- Enrollment Form – Dependent Only for Study Abroad Students – Coming Soon!
Open Enrollment Periods for all Dependents and Students: If you have eligible dependents in the Fall, or, are a student in the Fall semester and eligible to purchase coverage and you choose not to enroll for coverage before the Annual Enrollment Deadline of *September 16, 2019, you or your dependents will not be eligible to enroll again until the next Fall Semester unless you experience a “Qualifying Life Event” during the year.
*For new students and their eligible dependents in the Spring semester, your open enrollment deadline is February 21, 2020.
Students who did not enroll themselves or their dependent(s) during the open enrollment period may be able to enroll in the policy if they experience a Qualifying Life Event.
Qualifying Life Events include:
- Acquiring a new family member
- Marriage/Civil Union
- Loss or change of Job
- Expiration of Benefits
If you and/or your dependents meet the requirements for a Qualifying Life Event, you will need to provide the following:
- Proof of qualifying life event/proof of involuntary loss of coverage
- Enrollment Form
All documents and payment must be received within 30 days of the qualifying life event. After 30 days, the student or dependents will no longer be eligible to enroll in the plan, until fall of the following school year.
Please Contact Us for cost and enrollment information as a Qualifying Life Event.
If you have any questions about the enrollment process, please call 800-505-4160 or CONTACT US
We are always happy to help in any way.