Welcome to the Student & Dependent Enrollment Center! Here you will find all the necessary tools to enroll in your school sponsored policy.
We suggest you review the brochure for your rates, effective dates and optional coverages before starting the enrollment process. The plan’s benefits can be found in the brochure within the Schedule of Benefits section with the exclusions towards the back.
2021-2022 Summer Voluntary Enrollment Information
View your school’s CERTIFICATE
- Penn State Undergraduate Student Eligibility
- Voluntary Enrollment instructions & deadlines
- Graduate Assistant/Fellows/Trainees
- University Park Student Athletes
- Intensive English Communications Program (IECP)
- J1 Scholars
- Qualifying Life Event
- Domestic Undergraduate students taking 6 or more credit hours
- Students who participate in a Co-Op Work Experience program as part of their required academic program
- Domestic Graduate students taking 4 or more credit hours (non-graduate Assistant/graduate fellows)
- Domestic Law students taking 6 or more credit hours
- Students enrolled in a departmental 600,601, 610, or 611
- Students participating in a Co-Op Work Experience program as part of their required academic program
Are enrolled at The Pennsylvania State University, are eligible to enroll in this insurance plan on a voluntary basis.
Students must actively attend classes for at least the first 31 days after the date for which coverage is purchased. Home study, correspondence and online courses do not fulfill the eligibility requirements that the student actively attend classes.
Eligible students who do enroll may also insure their Dependents.
**Please note: Once enrolled there are no cancelations or refunds except ineligibility or entry into the armed forces.
- Summer 2022 Enrollment Deadline: 7/6/22
**These deadlines do not apply to Visiting Scholars, as you are required to purchase from the date you arrive.
All eligible Domestic Students: If you do not enroll by the deadline you will no longer be eligible to enroll until the following semester, unless you experience a Qualifying Life Event.
PLEASE Note if you will need to enroll your dependents you will need to purchase their enrollment at the same time as yours below:
TO ENROLL: Please select your Campus Location below and follow the instructions provided.
Summer enrollment Now Available!
If you do not enroll by *July 6, 2022 you will no longer be eligible to enroll until the following semester unless you experience a Qualifying Life Event.
Graduate assistants and graduate fellows are automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan as part of their financial support packages with the University. Penn State provides insurance premium subsidies for these students for medical, dental and vision insurance plans. Premium deductions are taken September–December for the fall semester and January–May for the spring and summer semesters. Visit the Student Health Insurance website for additional rates and details.
- All graduate assistants, graduate fellows, and graduate trainees:
- If you are interested in single student medical, dental and vision coverage, please verify your benefits in Workday
- If you want to enroll eligible dependents in the plan, you must complete a change benefit in Workday
- If you do not wish to participate in the Penn State SHIP, you must complete the change benefit in Workday
- If you decline the Medical benefits in Workday, you are required to complete the waiver in LionPATH every Fall semester
For questions related to Financial Aid packages i.e. ”Does it include the Penn State SHIP premium?” , please contact Todd Moss the Financial Aid Coordinator/Athletic Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the IECP office at email@example.com
If you are a J1 scholar looking to enroll into coverage please view the following information from your school by following this link: https://global.psu.edu/article/j-1-scholar-medical-insurance
Students who did not enroll themselves during the open enrollment period may be able to enroll in the policy if they experience a Qualifying Life Event.
Qualifying Life Events include:
- Acquiring a new family member
- Marriage/Civil Union
- Loss or change of Job
- Expiration of Benefits
If you meet the requirements for a Qualifying Life Event, you will need to provide the following:
- Proof of qualifying life event/proof of involuntary loss of coverage
- Enrollment Form
All documents and payment must be received within 30 days of the qualifying life event. After 30 days, the student or will no longer be eligible to enroll in the plan, until fall of the following school year.
Please Contact Us for cost and enrollment information as a Qualifying Life Event.
If you have any questions about the enrollment process, please call 888-224-4810 or CONTACT US
We are always happy to help in any way.