Waive Your School's Insurance
Note: For best results, please use your desktop or laptop computer. Student Center is not supported for mobile devices.
2015 - 2016 School Year
All University of the Sciences in Philadelphia undergraduate students registered for 6 or more credit hours and graduate students registered for 5 or more credit hours are required to purchase this insurance plan unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished.
All international F-1 Visa students are required to purchase this plan. F-1 Visa students are automatically enrolled in this insurance plan at registration “Drop/Add Period and the premium for coverage is added to their tuition billing.
You may waive coverage under this plan if you have health insurance that meets all of the University plan requirements and is approved by the University. You will need to provide information about your coverage in the waiver section.
Important: If you do not enroll or waive the insurance by the waiver deadline, you will be billed for and automatically enrolled into the University sponsored plan. If you do not enroll for or waive coverage by the designated deadline, you will be considered non-compliant. Once you are enrolled there are no cancellations or refunds. (Automatic enrollment will occur AFTER the waiver deadline)
- All enrollment or waiver selections must be completed by the deadline.
- The University reserves the right to audit all waivers in order to ensure compliance with the University insurance requirements. Please be sure to have a copy of your insurance policy as you may be asked to provide this documentation.
- Fall Waiver Deadline: 9/11/15
- Spring Waiver Deadline: 1/29/16
- Summer Waiver Deadline: (Summer is voluntary and you will not be automatically enrolled)
- Pending e-mail – Your waiver is pending until we can verify that your coverage is equivalent to the University-sponsored plan. You may be asked to submit a copy of your insurance member ID and summary of benefits. Please wait to be notified by the Insurance Coordinator.
- Approval e-mail – Your waiver was approved. You should print this e-mail and save it with your records.
- Denial e-mail – Your waiver was denied. If you would like us to look this over or if you answered a question incorrectly,please
Open Enrollment Periods
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Open Enrollment Periods for all Dependents and Students: If you have eligible dependents in the fall or are a student in the Fall semester and eligible to purchase coverage and you choose not to enroll for coverage before the Fall Enrollment Deadline of *September 11, 2015, you or your dependents will not be eligible to enroll again until the start of next Fall unless you experience a “Qualifying Life Event during the year.
Qualifying Life Event
If you did not enroll or did not enroll your dependents (dependents of hard waiver or voluntary students) during your open enrollment period and have since lost coverage under your original plan, you or the dependents may qualify for a Qualifying Life Event upon providing proof of involuntary loss of coverage and payment within 30 days of losing coverage (example: marriage, divorce, loss of job, etc). The enrollment form, check or money order, and the letter of creditable coverage must be received within 30 days of losing coverage. After 30 days the student or dependents will no longer be eligible to enroll in the plan until Fall of the following school year.