Waive Your School's Insurance
Note: For best results, please use your desktop or laptop computer. Student Center is not supported for mobile devices.
2013 - 2014 School Year
Please note: If you do not enroll for the year in the fall semester, you will not be able to enroll later during the 2013-2014 school year without experiencing a “Qualifying Life Event. This means that the loss of coverage is no fault of your own or the policyholders (i.e. you get married or become too old to be on a family plan). You will be eligible to enroll within thirty days of this “Qualifying Life Event. After thirty days, you will no longer be eligible.
HARD WAIVER STUDENTS:
All University of the Sciences in Philadelphia undergraduate students taking 6 or more credit hours and graduate students taking 5 or more credit hours are required to purchase this insurance plan, unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished. All international F-1 Visa students are required to purchase this plan. F-1 Visa students are automatically enrolled in this insurance plan at registration and the premium for coverage is added to their tuition billing.
You may waive coverage under this plan if you have health insurance that meets all of the University plan requirements and is approved by the University. You will need to provide information about your coverage in the waiver section.
Important: If you do not enroll or waive the insurance by the waiver deadline, you will be billed for and automatically enrolled into the University sponsored plan. If you do not enroll for or waive coverage by the designated deadline, you will be considered non-compliant. Once you are enrolled there are no cancellations or refunds. (Automatic enrollment will occur AFTER the waiver deadline)
- All enrollment or waiver selections must be completed by the deadline.
- The University reserves the right to audit all waivers in order to ensure compliance with the University insurance requirements. Please be sure to have a copy of your insurance policy as you may be asked to provide this documentation.
- Fall Waiver Deadline: 9/6/13
- Spring Waiver Deadline: 1/24/14
- Summer Waiver Deadline: (Summer is voluntary and you will not be automatically enrolled)
- Pending e-mail – Your waiver is pending until we can verify that your coverage is equivalent to the University-sponsored plan. You may be asked to submit a copy of your insurance member ID and summary of benefits. Please wait to be notified by the Insurance Coordinator.
- Approval e-mail – your waiver was approved. You should print this e-mail and save it with your records.
- Denial e-mail – your waiver was denied. If you would like us to look this over or if you answered a question incorrectly,