Waive Your School's Insurance
Welcome to the Waive Your School's Insurance Center!
This page is for those students who wish to opt-out (waive out) of the coverage under their school’s student insurance plan, and have the fee removed from their student account. The school’s student insurance plan can only be waived if the student has coverage under another acceptable insurance plan.
Submitting a waiver, is as easy as 123! The first step to waive out of your school’s student insurance coverage is to verify that you are a “hard waiver student.
2013 - 2014 School Year
A Hard Waiver student for your school is:
International, Pharmacy or Nursing Student. If this is you, then you would be considered a hard waiver student. Hard waiver students are required to have health insurance to attend Samford University.
- Annual Waiver Deadline: 9/8/13
- Spring/Summer Waiver Deadline: 2/2/14
After you verify that you are a hard waiver student and have other insurance, here’s what you will need:
- Your current health insurance plan ID card;
- Your Samford Student ID#
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have completed the waiver form, an email will be sent automatically to the email address you provided, notifying you of the waiver request decision. If you receive a:
- Approval e-mail – your waiver was approved. You should print this e-mail and save it with your records.
- Denial e-mail – your waiver was denied. If you would like us to look this over or if you answered a question incorrectly, please:
All other students taking 6 or more credits. If this is you then you are exempt from the waiver process and you are not required to waive out of your school’s plan.