Waive Your School's Insurance
Welcome to the Waive Your School's Insurance Center!
This page is for those students who wish to opt-out (waive) out of the coverage under their school’s student insurance plan, and have the fee removed from their student account. The school’s student insurance plan can only be waived if the student has coverage under another acceptable insurance plan.
Submitting a waiver, is as easy as 123! The first step to waive out of your school’s student insurance coverage is to verify that you are a “hard waiver student.
2013 - 2014 School Year Coming Soon!
2012 - 2013 School Year
A hard waiver student for your school is:
All students taking 12 or more credit hours. If this is you, then you would be considered a hard waiver student. Hard waiver students are required to have health insurance to attend Gettysburg College. You must complete a waiver or enroll in the University’s policy, by:
- Annual/Fall Waiver Deadline: 9/30/12
- Spring Waiver Deadline: 2/1/13
- Summer Waiver Deadline: Contact your school
After you verify that you are a hard waiver student and have other insurance, here’s what you will need:
- Your current health insurance plan ID card;
- Your health insurance brochure or plan description (or you might want mom & dad’s phone number handy to help answer some of the waiver questions.) There might be a few questions about your current plan.
Please contact your school to complete the waiver process.