Health Advocate is an added bonus when you enroll in a UnitedHealthcare student medical plan. Your Health Advocate benefit, provided by Arcadia University, includes three important features: Healthcare Help, MedChoice Support, and Medical Bill Saver. This all-in-1 benefit is designed to help you and your enrolled dependents personally navigate the healthcare maze, make better decisions about your medical care and lower your medical bills.
What is MedChoice Support?
MedChoice Support is an interactive, online tool that helps you weigh the pros and cons of procedures, treatments and medications, including the risks and potential outcomes to help you make the right decisions about your care.
How can it Help?
- Step-by-step guidance for healthcare decisions, using evidence-based information, on topics from surgery to alternative treatments
- Personal assessments gauge feelings and decisions
- Downloadable summary to share with your healthcare team
To access MedChoice Support, please click here.
Medical Bill Saver
What is Medical Bill Saver?
The Medical Bill Saver feature provides skilled negotiators who will work with your providers to lower your out-of-pocket costs on your medical or dental bills over $400 not covered by your insurance. We can attempt to negotiate bills to help reduce the balances that apply to deductibles and coinsurance.
How can it Help?
- Negotiation can result in 25-50% savings
- Easy-to-read, personal Saving Result Statement, summarizing outcome and payment terms
- Provider sign-off on payment terms and conditions
All Three Features are available to students and their dependents who are enrolled in the UnitedHealthcare student medical plan. If you have a question about who is covered for service, simply call us.